Don’t let these 70-degree temperatures fool you… It’s still February and the colder weather is headed our way for the weekend. This is the perfect dish to help keep you warm!
8 pieces of chicken, bone in
1 large onion, sliced
4 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet.
3. Sear chicken pieces on both sides until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side, then set chicken in prepared baking dish, along with onion slices.
4. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme, and basil and stir to combine. Pour glaze over the chicken and onion, and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
6. Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from oven and serve hot!