Want something a little different for your holiday table? Cocoa Cherry Pork is both delicious and adds a bit of color to your Christmas Feast. Make sure to include one of Country Market’s amazing Pumpkin Pies to round out your meal!
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
2 (1 1/4 pound) boneless pork tenderloins
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup cherry preserves
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 pinch dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk cocoa powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, black pepper, and chipotle pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Generously season tenderloins with salt, then coat in the cocoa powder mixture. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tenderloins in the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned on each side, about 4 minutes.
4. Transfer tenderloins to a baking dish; cook in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees.
5. Whisk cherry preserves, vinegar, and oregano in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over pork tenderloin and serve.