A 13 year old girl was talking on her cell phone while it was plugged in and charging when she was shocked.
Gabbie was upstairs talking on the cellphone she had received as a Christmas gift when she was shocked by an electric current, which traveled from her phone through her necklace and burned her neck. She was left with scars and burns all around her neck.
It was a T-Mobile LG d500. When the young girl’s mother contacted T-Mobile, sent a new phone, offered to cover the medical expenses and is planning on running tests on the phone.
This kind of injury is rare but not unheard of. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury like this, you are advised to contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and file a report.