Sometimes you just need a day off. These are the excuses the boss will by the most but suprised #9 wasn’t ranked higher!!
An insurance company recently polled 1,000 business owners and CEOs to find what they consider good reasons for calling out sick. Here are the top nine . . .
1. You have the flu. 42% said it’s a good enough reason to miss work- because apparently 58% want an epidemic at the office
2. Your back went out, 39% – and it didn’t leave a forwarding address.
3. You had some sort of accident and hurt yourself, 38%. Just don’t go overboard with some sort of rube goldberg series of events
4. You’re just really stressed out, 35%. Really??? my boss would NEVER accept that!!
5. You had elective surgery, 35%. Probably need to play this one up a bit first
6. You’re depressed, 35%.
7. You’re having an anxiety attack, 25%. –
8. You have a cold, 24%.
9. You have a migraine, 22%.
But some of us can never win because 8% of employers said NONE of those excuses are a good enough reason to miss work because apparently they are jerks