About 2,300 Ameren Illinois customers were without natural gas services Monday night in Northwest Chatham, extending into the Piper Glen subdivision.
Marcelyn Love – spokeswoman for the company said there was no immediate danger to businesses or residents.
She added that Ameren crews would be visiting each customer to shut down meters. Customers do not need to be home or disconnect any gas appliances.
Ameren workers visited residents late Monday night to relight pilot lights and will have crews out again today to continue this process.
If you have any questions or concerns – you’re asked to call the customer service line at 1-800-755-5000.
Reminder: If you or anyone in your home smells gas in the structure, you should leave the building immediately without using any light switches, phones or electronic devices. When at a safe distance, you should contact Ameren Illinois.