- This event has passed.
Jacksonville Farmers Market
September 14 @ 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
HOURS: 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. May 7 through October 28.
Tuesday — $5.00 per day or $50.00 for a reserved space for the season.
Thursday — $5.00 per day or $50.00 for a reserved space for the season.
Saturday — $8.00 per day or $80.00 for a reserved space for the season.
FARMERS MARKET RULES
1. This is a Producers Only Market. Only producers (farmers and bakers) are allowed to be vendors, and the vendors must have produced ALL that they sell. No reselling is permitted.
2. All vendors must be prepared to demonstrate that they are growing ALL the produce they sell. Vendors agree to inspection of their farms by representatives of the Farmers Market if requested.
3. Crafts are not allowed, but plants, flowers, gourds, and decorative weeds are allowed. Dried herbs and spices are allowed.
4. Honey (with a required warning), cider (with a required warning), caramel corn and coffee are allowed. Beeswax candles made by registered apiaries are allowed.
5. No hawking is allowed.
6. Cars, vans, pickup trucks, and disconnected trailers (maximum 12-foot bed) are allowed. All must be kept clean.
7. Sellers must clean their own selling spaces before leaving. Please do not fill the Lincoln Square receptacles with trash from the Farmers Market; haul trash away in your vehicles.
8. Please park extra vehicles (helpers, etc.) where they will not tie up prime parking spots for customers of the Farmers Market or customers of Goody’s or JC Penny.
9. Anyone selling baked goods or allowable jams and jellies must be certified by the local county Health Dept. under the legislation for cottage food operations, effective 01/01/2012. The certificate must be posted before vendors are allowed to sell baked goods, jams, or jellies.
10. The following hazardous foods are prohibited: Meat, fish, poultry, home-canned foods, home-prepared sandwiches, eggs (unless vendor complies with Illinois Egg Law requirements), baked goods which require refrigeration (e.g., cream pies, meringue topped pies, custards, etc.), jams and jellies made with the newer, low/no-sugar recipes or “pourable” types. Paraffin seals are not allowed.
11. Vendors who register with the Illinois Department of Human Services may accept Farmers Market Nutrition Program coupons for fresh produce sales from July through October. Call the Bureau of Family Nutrition at 217-782-2166 to request applications and rules for participation (Vendors who participated last year will get an FMNP mailing in mid-April).
12. Vendors must display their name and address.
13. Vendors must post their prices within a reasonable time.
Help make every customer’s visit to our Farmers Market a joyful and satisfying experience!
Please direct any questions about the rules or operation of the market to a Market Manager.
Market Managers: Shirley, Dave, or Barb Gregory 217-243-1704
Reserved Space Season Passes
To have a reserved spot at the market, you must buy a season pass. All non-reserved spots are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis each morning. To buy a season pass, please send your money as soon as possible to Dave Gregory, 28 North Street, Jacksonville IL 62650
Make checks payable to Jacksonville Farmers Market.